This works for Dexis 9 & 10
1. Install the IOC Snapshot software. If you need a link for the download it is:
Enter in the license key when you see this window. If you would like to use a trial key, this one is good for 2 weeks.
2. (Optional, only if you want to use an intraoral camera)
After the installation you will see a blue camera icon in your system tray, right click it and select Dexis and then T SPACE or T in the list of programs. For Dexis Snapshot it doesn’t matter what you choose it just has to be in the Dexis category.. Right click the blue camera again and go to Select Camera, and choose the intraoral camera you want to work with. The checkmark boxes should look similar to this:
3. Run Dexis Snapshot. You can find it in the Windows 10 Search or in your start menu. To make it easy to access, you can pin the program to the taskbar.
- If you want to take images from an iPhone or Android camera via Wifi, click the Phone and DSLR Button and start taking images. If the Windows Defender Firewall asks, checkmark all the buttons and click the Allow access button. Be sure to use the Private Wifi for the office and NOT the guest Wifi. It also helps to use the 5GHz spectrum instead of 2.4 GHz for faster transfer rates between the PC and Phone.
Open the IOC Snapshot app on the phone and choose a computer from the list. Now start taking images.
- If you want to take images from a Canon EOS Camera, connect a USB cable to the Camera or pair the camera in the Canon EOS Utility that comes with your camera for Wifi. The USB cable method is more reliable.
4. When you are finished taking images, close the window and they will appear in Dexis.