NOTE: This program was mainly written to get images into Kodak 6.14 and lower which a lot of folks still use. It works with the newer Carestream 7 and higher but I recommend the Twain method for those versions because Carestream added support for multi-page transfer with twain. Carestream Snapshot supports intraoral cameras, Canon cameras that support the EOS SDK, and smartphones with the IOC Snapshot app over Wifi. When you close the program it will paste the images into Kodak Digital Imaging or the newer Carestream Imaging.
1. Install the IOC Snapshot software. If you need a link for the download it is:
Enter in the license key when you see this window. If you would like to use a trial key, this one is good for 2 weeks.
2. After the installation you will see a blue camera icon in your system tray, right click it and select Carestream Snapshot in the list of programs. Right click the blue camera again and go to Select Camera, and choose the intraoral camera you want to work with. The checkmark boxes should look similar to this:
3. Run Carestream Imaging or Kodak Digital Imaging with a patient open. Now run Carestream Snapshot.
There are multiple ways to run Carestream Snapshot.
a) Click your camera’s capture button. This works on all Empia 2580, Empia 2860, NET, and DIAGNOcam chipsets. It does NOT work with the Virtual Camera chipset.
b) Left click on the blue camera icon in the system tray to bring up the Carestream Snapshot window.
c) You can also find Carestream Snapshot in the Windows 10 Search.
You can also pin the Carestream Snapshot app to the Taskbar as well after you run the program.
4. Once the Carestream SnapShot window is open you can start acquiring images.
- If you want to take images from an iPhone or Android camera via Wifi, click the Phone and DSLR Button and start taking images. If the Windows Defender Firewall asks, checkmark all the buttons and click the Allow access button. Be sure to use the Private Wifi for the office and NOT the guest Wifi. It also helps to use the 5GHz spectrum instead of 2.4 GHz for faster transfer rates between the PC and Phone.
Open the IOC Snapshot app on the phone and choose a computer from the list. Now take an image.
*If you want to take images from a Canon EOS Camera, connect a USB cable to the Camera or pair the camera in the Canon EOS Utility that comes with your camera for Wifi. The USB cable method is more reliable.
- If you want to take images from an intraoral camera, choose your camera from the dropdown list. Your camera should have been configured in the blue camera program and you can also enable Still Pin acquisition if your camera has the capability.
5. When you are finished taking images, close the window and they will appear in Carestream\Kodak.
6. If you would like to categorize the images, right click on each image and select Edit Comments. Click the radio box on Intraoral or Extraoral depending on the image. You may also select the tooth numbers.